IT Support Technician
FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
As a member of our team, you will join us in embarking on a mission to provide accessible, cost effective, high quality, comprehensive health care to all persons in our communities.
If you are passionate about advocating for the provision of health care services, then this is the organization for you!
- Competitive pay
- Rich Health care benefits
- Generous vacation and sick days
- Robust 401k motion
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: The duties of an IT Support Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. IT technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Conducts routine/preventative equipment servicing throughout the centers.
- Provides technical training on new equipment installations\software deployments with users.
- Inspects/Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determines proper solutions.
- Collaborates with upper tier technicians and shares information across the organization.
- Assists Center Leadership with ordering items necessary to effectively continue daily operations.
- Wiring/tracing/toning out ports, network switches and other devices including configuring VLANs, VPNs and other advanced networking techniques.
- Connect/troubleshoot POTS/VoIP phone systems; program PBXs, update systems via cloud management tools.
- Assists in configuring printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Completes work order tickets in a timely manner.
- Update/change/maintain Email and Groups for Microsoft 365 and other systems using Active Directory and other tools.
- Assists Center Leadership with Chronical/other reporting metrics.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Assists with the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently or work with the rest of the IT team as a whole.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science required.
- Two years’ experience in client technical support or related activities preferred.
- This position may participate in a rotating schedule of on-call after-hours support.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with patience, a customer
- friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems.
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues.
- Being efficient and organized is a must.
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must.
- Valid driver’s license as area travel required
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of focus.
- Ability to provide direction to staff to resolve technological issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve basic computer problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC applications and systems.
Apply at www.fchcinc.org