Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct patient care 80% of clinic time as delineated within the Dental Procedures manual.
- Participate in recruitment and interviewing of all new dental staff.
- Assist in developing the annual budget as it pertains to dental needs to include supplies, equipment, staffing and facilities.
- Supervise all dentists and evaluate their performance.
- Review all dental job descriptions at least annually and update as needed.
- Assist CMO in current revision of Dental Policy and Procedure Manual; review, suggest changes and update to CMO/CEO annually.
- Audit 20 dental charts per site two to four times per year (40-80 charts/site/year), using corporate dental audit sheets and report results to CMO and DQI.
- Maintain on-going Quality Improvement Program for the dental department and review dental related OSHA safety and infection control issues with DQI.
- Attend and participate in meetings to include center staff and QI meetings, CEO’s management team, and monthly Corporate QI.
- Coordinate quarterly in-service educational programs in conjunction with Director of Program Development and CMO for dental staff.
- Review dental related capital budget requirements as needed and any unusual dental purchase requests.
- Provide information required for needs/demand assessments for dental care within the communities in FCHC’s service areas.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must possess leadership abilities that allow for an effective and efficient dental program.
- Must be sensitive to the plight of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and have an interest in preventive and public health.
- DDS or DMD degree from an accredited School of Dentistry.
- Must have an active Florida State License.
- At least 1 year experience working in a Migrant/Community Health Center.
*This role requires traveling between two (2) of our centers (Indiantown and Fort Pierce)*