Position Title: Systems Administrator
ADA: Full-time position. Job duties may require holding/lifting patient to or onto exam table. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting a company’s computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments. The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
Maintain system efficiency.
Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
Makes recommendations for future upgrades.
Maintain network and system security.
Analyze and isolate issues.
Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
Identify user needs.
Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
Design and deploy networks.
Perform network address assignment.
Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Associates Degree in Business or Computer Science. Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combinations of work experience and/or education will be considered.
- Technical certifications (ie‐Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP preferred).
- Minimum two years’ experience in client technical support or related activities.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years progressive experience in health care MIS support field desired.
- Valid driver’s license as area travel required.
- This position may participate in a rotating schedule of on‐call after‐hours resources.
- Maintain efficiency of company network through regular monitoring of bandwidth utilization, troubleshooting of internet connectivity and VPN issues, and isolation of issues based on performance and user needs.
- Maintenance, Support, and Installation of desktops, laptops, thin clients including network setup and installation of all necessary software based on the needs of particular users.
- Wireless network installation, configuration, maintenance, and Support. Production of weekly reports on wireless network utilization with narrative on trouble areas.
- Installation, network and general configuration, maintenance, and support of the company printers including the printer server. Production of monthly reports on printer utilization with narrative on trouble areas.
- Maintenance and support of phone systems including the voicemail server and software programming directly related to call routing. Maintenance of backup configuration files.
- Weekly visits to each site for general technical support and maintenance of computer systems. Respond to emergency issues with hands‐on visits to appropriate sites.
- Work with various vendors in a professional and effective manner through various communication channels and on‐site visits.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.