Position Control #
Position Title: Nursing Supervisor
Report To: Center Clinical Administrator and Chief Medical Officer
ADA: Full-time position. Job duties may require holding and lifting patients onto exam tables. Ability to sit or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry is a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
- The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the practice of nursing within FCHC is of the highest possible quality. Nursing is defined as the clinical duties performed by all LPNs, CMAs, and MAs. This will be accomplished by collaboration with the Center Clinical Administrator to establish appropriate in-service training and lectures for the nursing staff as needed.
- Keeps site Center Clinical Administrator informed of all significant nursing issues including but not limited to any proposed policy or procedural changes, disciplinary action, issues with Clinicians, etc. Will coordinate orientation of new clinical support employees regarding clinical skills and duties.
- Reviews resumes, credentials, and conduct interviews of nursing applicants with primary provider, Center Clinical Administrator, and Center Administrator.
- Will perform periodic assessments to determine deficiencies in nursing performance at all sites and new hires, which includes but is not limited to: Log keeping (abnormal Pap Smears, pregnancy/perinatal, STD, temperature, Clinical Measures data entry, medication logs, immunizations, etc.)
- Skills: (vital signs, therapeutic injections, and immunizations, adult and pediatric catheterization, sterile field/tray setup, instrument sterilization, Oxygen tank use and maintenance, emergency kit use and maintenance, EKG, etc.)
- Policies and procedures (universal precautions, consent forms, needle disposal, identification and proper disposal of expired medications, etc. )
- Conducts routine Clinical support staff meetings. Agenda and minutes are to be forwarded to the Center Manager for inclusion in Center Meeting minutes.
- Participates in 30 day, 90 day and annual evaluations of clinical support staff in collaboration with Center Clinical Administrator, with input from Center Administrator.
- Determines nurse staffing requirements, including coverage for sick time, vacations, and other absences.
- Responsible for maintaining current credentials for clinical support staff on file with the Director of Human Resources.
- Provides nursing coverage in emergency shortage situations on-site in conjunction with Center Clinical Administrator.
- Initiates and completes the required initial and annual employee health activity in conjunction with the Center Clinical Administrator. Reviews Center employee health information is at least monthly to ensure that staff are current and addresses any deficiencies.
- Actively participates in Monthly Nurse Supervisor meetings.
- Trains and evaluates employees on performance of CLIA waived testing at the time of hire, annually, and as indicated. Addresses any deficiencies or issue quickly.
- Function as a professional nurse member of the health team, under the leadership of the Clinician.
- Performs monthly Nursing Supervisor Center Audits including, but not limited to, FCHC medications and vaccines, lab, Center, and Dental Audit. Notifies CC of any issues immediately and expeditiously work.
- Make nursing assessments related to the health status of the patients and triage their record data appropriately.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Actively function and perform all duties of nursing personnel as determined by the needs of the Center.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with at least two (2) years of experience preferred; or
- Licensed Practical Nurse with at least three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Possesses a current License in the State of Florida.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Show empathy and interest in patients of all socio-economic conditions.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.