Position Title: Center Administrator
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: The Center Administrator is an essential role within Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. Center Administrator is responsible for administrative operations at the centers to include the direct supervision of the Patient Services Supervisors and Patient Service Representatives department. Duties also include responsibility for payroll processing, Center patient accounting functions (DCRJ’s and data entry), coordinate with Finance department on budget development and monitoring, and responsible for monitoring the EOC. The Center Administrator and the Clinical Administrator are responsible for all aspects of the centers operations, patient/staff engagement, and patient/staff satisfaction. This role reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Center Administrator is responsible for the financial performance of the center.
- Modeling and advancement of Florida Community Health Centers’ mission, vision, and values.
- The Center Administrator is responsible for the direct administrative supervision of all Center
employees. Consult with the Nurse Supervisor, Patient Services Supervisor, and Clinical
Administrator for the recruiting, orienting, and evaluation of personnel. Provide input for hiring,
termination, and promotion recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer.
- In conjunction with the appropriate supervisors, responsible for addressing personnel issues. Ensure
employees abide by FCHC policies and procedures, review and approve counseling forms, consulting
Human Resources as needed. Monitor staff performance with appropriate supervisors.
- Supervision of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical records, billing and
collection, data entry and processing, and cash posting.
- Coordination of the day to day operations of the center.
- Promoting excellent customer service and patient engagement by all levels of the staff.
- Ensures patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and developing
process improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Implements and trains staff on FCHC policies and procedures. Monitors for compliance of policies
- Is responsible to ensure evaluations are performed and submitted by the appropriate supervisor
timely. The Center Administrator will review all evaluations for accuracy and compliance with any
noted deficiencies, prior to submission.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws, and other federal, state, and local
- Coordinates center and department staff meetings. Responsible for timely submission of minutes
for the center staff meetings.
- Coordinates with appropriate supervisors to ensure adequate staffing for day to day operations.
- Coordination with Finance Department on the development of annual encounter and expense
budgets. Monitor monthly productivity and financial statements. Review productivity and financial
performance compared to budget reporting variances to Senior Leadership.
- Participation in development of annual corporate and department goals. Reporting on variances to
goal and developing action plans to reach goals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Associates Degree or Higher
- Be professionally trained in any field of Business and/or Health CareManagement
- Recommend a minimum of five (5) years experience in the health field and/or inmanagement
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft products such as excel, word, PowerPoint
- Health Information Systems experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Leadership Skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills with leadership, staff, and stakeholders
- Excellent Time Management and Problem Solving Abilities
- Must exemplify a professional demeanor
- Possess empathy and must be culturally sensitive to all racial/ethnic groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Must be able to prioritize work, and be flexible to changes at any moment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.