Advance Practice Registered Nurse
Position Title: Advance Practice Registered Nurse
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: Provide and educate all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations. Work both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as a part of treatment team. May conduct physicals, order tests and serve as a patient’s primary healthcare provider.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help provide primary care to patients.
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer‐based data management programs and information systems, as well as records and point of interview technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic test.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues, detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Train patients and families on managing illness or injuries and disease prevention.
- Take active role to contribute to the improvement of office functioning.
- Ability to function independently with regards to most clinical decision‐making.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Medical Director
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have Florida RN Licensure and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- APN authorization in Florida to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.