Position Title: Training Specialist
Report To: Onboarding and Reoccurring Supervisor
ADA: Full time position. Ability to stand or sit for extended time period during the work day.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
1. As an applications expert, train end-users as necessary.
2. Perform an employee orientation program for new employees. Create/update log in and/or passwords for EHR and EDR systems for new or existing employees.
3. Provide Level 1 end-user application support for Practice Management System, Electronic Medical Records, Electronic Dental Records, etc. Route Level 2 issues to EHR Support Specialist/Training Specialist.
4. Verify correct use of software systems. Conduct proficiency checklist for all end-users on a regular basis. Submit to HIS Training Supervisor & Director of Health Information Systems. Consult with Center Management team to develop performance improvement measures.
5. Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that employees actually learn and that the training helps FCHC to meet its strategic goals and achieve results.
6. Analyze training needs to suggest to the HIS Training Supervisor new training programs or modifications to improve existing programs.
7. Document and monitor completion of end-user training utilizing Training software.
8. Perform and submit various monthly audits to the HIS Training Supervisor. Review all results with the end- user, including audits performed by Corporate, for appropriate remedial training, as necessary.
9. Maintain productivity spreadsheet. Submit to HIS Training Supervisor on a weekly basis.
10. Travel to other FCHC sites to help train new employees when needed, Train the Trainer sessions, etc.
11. Participate and disseminate pertinent information at Center and/or Department meetings.
12. Assist with software revisions/updates and test thoroughly before implementing in the Production Database by partnering with appropriate staff. Provide training related to revisions.
13. Understand and stay current with company processes and procedures and operating manuals are current.
1. Manage, maintain and analyze Athena clinical inbox (ex: Clinician, Staff, delete bucket, patient info orders, and patient care summaries) as assigned. Report any findings to the Director of Health Systems.
2. Map patients in the Interface Message Queue Manager on a daily basis as assigned. Investigate and report any findings to the Director of Health Information systems.
* This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent with two (2) to five (5) years experience in a clinical setting such as a Hospital, Clinic or Doctor’s Office. Or two (2) to (5) years experience in medical billing/collections
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word/Excel/Power Point.
3. Previous healthcare, EMR, medical records, and/or medical billing experience preferred.
4. Car & area travel required.
5. EMR software certification within 1 year of employment.
6. EPM software certification within 2 years of employment.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong understanding of training dynamics with the skills necessary to interact positively and productively with staff who have varied levels of computer competency.
2. Comprehensive understanding of CMS “Meaningful Use”, PCMH, HEDIS, and UDS requirements.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
4. Ability to quickly learn and train on EMR/clinical systems software.
5. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Ability to meet pre-determined project deadlines.
7. Ability to express business, technical and clinical concepts clearly and concisely both in verbal and written form.
8. Ability to establish and maintain a supporting working relationship with senior managers, center managers, and other employees.
9. Strong organizational, management and team building skills.
10. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.