Senior Staff Accountant
Position Title: Senior Staff Accountant
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: The Senior Staff Accountant assists the Assistant Controller, Director of Finance/Controller and CFO in maintaining detailed and accurate financial reports and procedures. This includes a variety of routine and non‐ routine accounting functions with significant focus on the general ledger. This position is also responsible for supporting the Controller in key activities such as Month‐ End close, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and Audits.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain journal entry log and prepares all journal entries both monthly standard and manual entries, ensure all reversing entries occur and obtain approval from Controller. Review cash deposits and prepare cash receipt journal entries.
- Verify the accuracy of journal entry input, correct, balance and post to the general ledger.
- Maintain detail and perform monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts for availability to
outside auditors and internal review, and control of posting and accuracy of those accounts. Review
monthly Trial Balance for accuracy and unusual account balances.
- Maintain detail of capital assets and depreciation schedules. Ensure accuracy of general ledger and
subsidiary ledger balances for capital assets, accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense.
Assist in the fiscal year‐end property count and reconciliation.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements to include trial balance, consolidated financial and
statements by location and schedules on a monthly basis, and close that month in the computer
- Journalize monthly contract billings. Review trial balance to ensure payment is received on a timely
basis. Assist in the review of contract renewals and budget preparation for changes in terms or
services. Ensure 100% utilization of contract
- Prepare, ensure accuracy and distribute detailed financial reports for Patient Accounting, Center
Manager, and Senior Management review.
- Prepare and maintain detailed reconciliation of self‐insurance expenses and claims.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Assist in completion of Unclaimed refunds report, audit and tax work‐paper packages, and annual
Tangible Tax reports.
- Assist in preparation of financial forecasts and budget.
- Backup Staff Accountant with duties.
- Performs accounts payable and payroll duties in the absence of the A/P Coordinator.
- Performs special projects and financial analysis, as requested by Assistant Controller
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- B.S Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field.
- One to three years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience (preferably in the health care
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate‐advanced level of Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is preferable.
- Attention to detail requiring a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.