Scanner – Part Time
Position Title: Scanner
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: Florida Community Health Centers has a large quantity of paper medical records that needs to be scanned into electronic form. We are looking for part time employees who can work up to 20 hours per week (or more), and the project will last at least a year. This project will take place at our Corp headquarters off of 45th street in West Palm Beach. Training will be provided to qualified candidates.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare paper charts for scanning by removing staples, straightening folded edges on paper, removing attached receipts so to ensure that each page will feed freely through the scanner without causing a jam.
- Generate a barcode page that will precede each record. (Paper records can be anywhere from 10 to 200 pages).
- Using a personal computer, launch the scanning software to the preconfigured start page and start the scanning process.
- Feed into the scanner all individual sheets ensuring that all are accounted for.
- Check the scanned record in the folder to ensure that it successfully scanned and no corruption took place.
- Shred the scanned record.
- Work with Information Technology to troubleshoot equipment and system issues
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Dependable – follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments.
- Ability to learn or knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must work well independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly self‐motivated and goal‐oriented
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain focus in a fast‐paced, changing environment
- Must be able to work quickly while maintaining quality standards
- Ability to absorb new ideas
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.