Report To: Revenue Cycle Administrator
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogens protection, at all times.
- Post and balance all Medicaid remittance payments and adjustments on a weekly basis. Summarize payments posted or miscellaneous receipts on remittance advice as received.
- Post and balance Medicare remittance payments and adjustments, daily.
- Post and balance all private pay payments received at corporate office, daily.
- Post and balance bi-weekly payroll deductions against employee account balances.
- Post and balance all other third-party/insurance payments and adjustments, daily.
- Post Pay Patient SFS Adjustments after Medicare and other third Party Payments are applied.
- Copy insurance EOB’s for secondary payers and denials requiring additional information and summit daily to biller. Maintain original third-party EOB’s by date.
- Document reason for non-posting of payments received return to accounting for G/L coding & follow-up (i.e., bad debt recovery, payment not ours, etc.).
- Research and prepare refund requests for overpayments on all accounts that incur a credit balance at the time of payment posting. Monthly work Credit Balance Report.
- Updates system notes for payments received on balances at the collection agency, forward to collector to report these payments to the Collection Agency.
- Assists in answering patient and employee phone inquiries.
- Log Medicare bad debt recoveries as received for inclusion in the Cost Report.
- High School Diploma
- One (1) year experience handling medical claims processing
Skills and Abilities:
- Use of 10-key calculator and CRT accurately by touch.
- Good telephone etiquette and organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate and have the aptitude to learn new programs as changes occur.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment