Registered Dental Hygienist
Title: Registered Dental Hygienist
HOURS OF WORK, MONDAY 8AM – 6PM, TUESDAY – THURSDAY 8AM – 5PM
Reports To: Nurse Manager / Clinician
Position Summary: Provide continuous and comprehensive oral health services for the promotion of prevention and treatment of optimum of oral health to adults and children. This includes educational, clinical, and therapeutic services supporting total oral health. The Dental Hygienist works collaboratively with the dental team and dental director.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform dental prophylaxis: remove plaque/calculus deposits supra and sub gingival, as well as accretions and stains from teeth using dental hand instrument/ultrasonic scalers.
- Visually examine gingival tissues for indications and signs of disease. Examine gingival tissues using periodontal probes to locate periodontal pockets and areas of Chart corresponding values in Periodontal Charting Form. Confer with Dental Provider all relevant findings and recommend appropriate treatment plan/medications.
- Polish teeth and apply fluoride as well as other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Apply sealants and check for adherence or occlusion
- Visually examine and check all areas of the mouth to detect swelling, infection, and or lesions that indicate the presence of oral cancer and other conditions. Palpate lymph nodes under the chin and note any abnormal
- Asses and Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dental provider
- Take Alginate impressions for study casts, night/mouth
- Take, expose and develop x-ray films for radiographic
- Educates patients regarding oral hygiene and preventive oral care
- Evaluates outcomes of educational strategies and clinical procedures provided.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Active Florida State Dental Hygienist License
- Associates Degree from an accredited college/university or program
- Maintain current BLS Certification
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity including the ability to deal with individuals from different cultures and backgrounds
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.