Position Title: Psychiatrist
Report To: Chief Medical Officer
ADA: Full-time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during the workday and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, including bloodborne pathogen protection, at all times.
- Supports and encourages others to support the Mission, Core Values, and Goals of Florida Community Health Center.
- Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and supervision of medication, psychiatric and medical treatment policies and procedures.
- Provide regularly scheduled consultation to assigned care coordinators and/or primary physicians. Works in conjunction with team members, to ensure that psychiatric services are integrated with clients’ overall treatment.
- Ensure that all protected health information is stored in compliance with HIPPA and other regulations.
- Perform exploratory data analyses of reports and datasets, and offer narrative interpretations.
- Direct patient consultation, via telemedicine or in person at community events.
- Provide professional consultation to staff. Participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Develop systematic workflows for organizations which include transforming materials, providing serves, and processing information into a sequence of operations.
- Participation in program coordinator, including but not limited to, weekly meetings with program staff, teleconferences with addition centers as needed.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols and/or training programs for clinical staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting.
- Must be proficient with technological software solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Willing to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others as a team by offering support and/or ideas to enable staff to reach goals.
- Willingness to keep abreast of current procedures and requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with at least a Doctorate Degree and/or Medical Degree in Psychology and a minimum of five (5) years experience in the psychology field.
- Board-certified or board eligible in psychiatry. Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
- Active Florida Medical License, DEA certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Office, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven management experience in a fast passed health care environment.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a team member.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.