Pharmacy Technician – Part Time
Position Control #
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician – Part Time
ADA: Full-time position. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include bloodborne pathogen protection, at all times.
- Assist in documentation and labeling of medication.
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory with documentation of all medications in stock.
- Monitors expiration dates and lot numbers for all medications and related supplies.
- Analyzes and compares pricing of in-stock medication through FCHC distributors.
- Verifies orders with supervisor prior to submission and returns all copies of invoices to the assigned department.
- Actively assists in enrolling patients in patient assistance programs (PAP) while documenting and maintaining records of such assistance.
- Packages all received PAP medications and records patient data related to this stock.
- Assists in educating patients on medication use, PAP requirements and refill requests.
- Communicates with pharmaceutical companies to place refill orders or to check status on PAP applicant enrollment.
- Contacts the patient to pick up medication.
- Maintains patient Drug Educational handouts for distribution to the patients by the medical providers.
Minimum Qualifications(experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Proof of satisfactory completion of an approved pharmacy technician program.
- Must have one year certificate from college or technical school, three to six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current CPR certification.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.