Pharmacy Delivery Technician (Western) Route
Position Title: Pharmacy Delivery Technician (Western) Route
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: Registered pharmacy technician who will work under the supervision of a pharmacist to primarily dispense, package and deliver prescription medication to Florida Community Health Center patients in our Western service delivery area. The pharmacy technician will perform the day to day delegable tasks consistent with state rules and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy to include filling prescriptions, billing of prescriptions to third parties, collection of payments from patients, patient drug assistance enrollment, recordkeeping and maintaining drug inventory.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Safe driving and operation of delivery vehicle to deliver finished prescription medication orders to patients’ home
- Maintain controlled temperatures for medications out for delivery
- Plan delivery route to maximize efficiency and productivity for the day
- Perform and coordinate accurate cash sales with patient on delivery
- Returns to pharmacy before end of day with proper co-payments and delivery signatures
- Comply with rules, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Answer phone calls
- Order entry, packaging, and in-house cashier sales when needed
- Assist in documentation and labeling of medications
- Order supplies and maintains pharmacy inventory stock levels
- Monitor expiration dates and lot numbers for all medications and related supplies
- Communicate with insurance carriers to process claims
- Participate in center staff and pharmacy department meetings when feasible
- Provide excellent customer service
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Director of Pharmacy
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must maintain a license from the Florida Board of Pharmacy as a registered pharmacy technician
- Must have completed a Board of Pharmacy approved program and satisfied the requirements needed to register with the Florida Board of Pharmacy and has submitted an application for pharmacy technician licensure prior to employment.
- Current CPR certification
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Delivery experience preferred but not required
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.