Position Title: Pediatrician
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods during workday and lift up to 30 lbs, when necessary. Computer data entry is a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: This role is to essentially Conduct Medical Examinations, Develop Diagnoses, Establish Treatment Plans, and Provide Referrals to Specialists, Maintain Patient Records, and Communicate with Patients, Parents or Guardians. FCHC Pediatricians are responsible for the best medical treatment of infants, children, and adolescents with a wide variety of injuries and illnesses for the best interest of their health and wellness.
- Conduct regular thorough examinations on children to check and record their health and normal physical development.
- Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based scientific knowledge and individuals medical history.
- Prescribe medication and give detailed instructions for administration.
- Prepares and maintains accurate medical records, charts and documents to support the diagnosis. Complies with state laws and regulations with respect to guidelines for reimbursement.
- Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
- Prepares and maintains accurate medical records, charts, and documents to support the diagnoses.
- Examine and treat injuries and refer the child to physician of other disciplines when necessary (e.g. orthopedists, ophthalmologists, surgeons, etc.)
- Educate parents or guardians on child’s diet, exercise, and disease preventive measures.
- Keep updated records of patient’s illnesses, medical episodes, surgeries.
- Keep abreast pf advancement in pediatrics and best practices by attending seminar and conference.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Center Administrator and Chief Medical Officer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Active Florida State Medical License
- Board Certified or eligible MD required
- DEA License
- BLS Certification
- One year of experience preferred
- Bedside manner, attention to detail, patience and empathy, communication skills.
- Knowledge of infection control, medication administration, side effects, and calculation.
- Knowledge of diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation principles and techniques.
- Continual maintenance of CME requirements
- Knowledge of the nursing process and its applications, including assessment diagnosis, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the scope of practice, legal replications to include statutes and regulations relevant to Pediatrician.
- Maintain harmonious, professional relationships with members of the care team, patients, and families. Passionate for Pediatric Care.
- Demonstrate written and verbal effective communications with the interdisciplinary team.
- Cross‐Cultural Sensitivity including the ability to deal with individuals from different cultures and backgrounds
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
I have read, discussed and fully understand the above position job description.