Patient Services Supervisor
Position Control #
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and monitor inbox buckets to ensure items are addressed in a timely manner
- Monitor PSR staff for accurate and complete patient processing to include demographic and financial information, (i.e. insurance verification form, migrant status, date of birth, ID number, PIN number, patient portal).
- Verify accuracy and completeness of encounter slips and daily entry in Athena. Review charge analysis report to ensure accurate encounter entry
- Verify 100% accuracy and approval of DCRJ and daily time of service money. Balance DCRJ to batch listing and entry in Athena.
- Safeguard receipts. Ensures deposit in the bank by the next business day.
- Review posting of entry charges to ensure accurate revenue generation and prompt cash flow. Ensure charges are entered and balanced by the following business day
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained
- Ensure that patients and coworkers are treated in a courteous professional manner. Provide ongoing customer service training.
- Monitor PSR staff to ensure that all collection procedures and outstanding balances are adhered to maximize collections
- Counsel patients on outstanding balances. Report outstanding balance issues to CAD.
- Responsible for adhering to month end close schedule to include 100% completion of charge entry and DCRJ balancing and correction of all claim errors. DCRJs received in corporate by the third (3rd) business day.
- Patient Services Supervisor with the assistance of the training specialist, coordinates training of PSR staff in all aspects of computer entry process.
- Keep current and knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and memos issued, making sure to educate all staff of changes.
- Assist with staff interviews and completion of evaluations and counseling forms when appropriate adhering to the FCHC Policy & Procedure Manual. Review with Center Administrative Director prior to reviewing with staff.
- Submits leave request to CAD for final approval. Review PSR time cards in ADP. Monitors attendance of PSR staff and controls overtime.
- On a monthly basis reviews 20 patient files for completeness and accuracy. Provides feedback to PSR staff and the CAD.
- Monitor patient flow and assist PSR staff in performance of job responsibilities as necessary.
- Submit agenda items to the CAD for all monthly staff meetings.
- Perform quarterly cash drawer audit and submit to Center Administrative Director to forward to Corporate Accounting Department.
- Ensure there are no missing Enc slips and that all open encounters are addressed
- In the absence of the Center Administrative Director, provide administrative oversight.
- Ensure department supplies are maintained and ordered as needed.
- Ensure policies regarding release of medical records are adhered to, and requests are completed timely.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Two (2) years Medical Care Business Office
- Two (2) years Management Experience
- Must have computer experience and be proficient in the use of 10-key calculator
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
* This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.