Outreach & Education Coordinator (HIV Grant)
FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
As a member of our team, you will join us in embarking on a mission to provide accessible, cost effective, high quality, comprehensive health care to all persons in our communities.
If you are passionate about advocating for the provision of health care services, then this is the organization for you!
- Competitive pay
- Rich Health care benefits
- Generous vacation and sick days
- Robust 401k motion
ADA: Full time position. Job duties may require holding/lifting patient to or onto exam table. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: The Outreach & Education Coordinator is an essential role within Florida Community Health Centers, Inc.
(FCHC). This position will assist in the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. At the heart of our organization is the strong desire to help communities afford high quality healthcare ‐ the Outreach & Education Coordinator is key to us accomplishing this mission. This position requires an ability to engage and educate communities and a strong ability in building relationships. The Outreach & Education Coordinator must also have strong organization skills, a desire to help people and must possess a welcoming personality. This role reports to the Outreach & Enrollment Administrator.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide community outreach services to engage target populations and educate about FCHC services.
- Travel and participate in local agency meetings, trainings, and health fairs, as required.
- Retain supply of contraceptives, brochures and other materials necessary for prevention department activities.
- Promote FCHC in the community through speaking engagements at civic meetings, etc.
- Develop and foster networking relationships with community and support resources.
- Provide outreach, education and prevention to individual clients and groups in a wide variety of settings and to all cultural and ethnic groups in a way that will promote behavioral changes.
- Assist the client with their application for Affordable Care, Medicaid, KidCare, prescription assistance programs and with choosing a provider, if necessary.
- Contact new patients referred to FCHC to introduce the health center and schedule appointments, as needed.
- Locate patients and communicate information as needed with appropriate follow up to the proper department within the Center.
- Arrange transportation and refer patients to transportation carriers as needed
- Work with current patient base to make sure physicals, dental examinations, etc. are conducted annually.
- Provide HIV education to members of the community as part of HIV prevention/education outreach.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of practice.
- Perform HIV test on and off‐site; this includes administering a rapid test (finger stick), risk assessment, and post‐test results counseling
- Precise and complete data collection, timely data input, program evaluation and development, and reporting of results to funders.
- Assist Health Benefits Coordinator with monthly monitoring of approvals for all public health insurance applications.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree, with three years of experience where the major responsibility was in any one of the following categories: public health, community health center, economic services, counseling, investigating, medical billing/collections, and/or processing insurance claims.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent with five years of experience, in the above mentioned categories may be substituted for the required education.
- HIV rapid testing experience or willingness to train and become certified to HIV rapid test
- Clinical experience a plus
- Medical Assistant a plus
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and has reliable/accessible transportation.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
Training/Certifications(can be gained post hire):
- HIV 501
- Certification as CAC
Skills and Abilities:
- Must exemplify a professional demeanor.
- Possess empathy with the target population and must be culturally sensitive to all racial/ethnic groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be a self‐starter.
- Ability to work independent of constant supervision.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaking a plus.
- Must be prepared to report suspected child or elderly abuse as well as suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to work with clients who may be unable to read, write and are unable to operate a computer.
- Must be able to prioritize work, and be flexible to changes at any moment.
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.