Onboarding and Recurring Training Specialist
Position Control #
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As an applications expert, train end-users as necessary
- Perform an employee orientation program for new employees. Create/update log in and/or passwords for EHR and EDR systems for new or existing employees.
- Provide Level 1 end-user application support for Practice Management System, Electronic Medical Records, Electronic Dental Records, etc. Route Level 2 issues to EHR Support Specialist/Training Specialist.
- Verify correct use of software systems. Conduct proficiency checklist for all end-users on a regular basis. Submit to Onboarding & Training Supervisor & Director of Health Information Systems. Consult with Center Management team to develop performance improvement measures.
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that employees actually learn and that the training helps FCHC to meet its strategic goals and achieve results.
- Analyze training needs to suggest to the HIS Training Supervisor new training programs or modifications to improve existing programs.
- Document and monitor completion of end-user training utilizing Training software.
- Perform and submit various monthly audits to the Onboarding & Training Supervisor. Review all results with the end- user, including audits performed by Corporate, for appropriate remedial training, as necessary.
- Maintain productivity spreadsheet. Submit to Onboarding & Training Supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Travel to other FCHC sites to help train new employees when needed, Train the Trainer sessions, etc.
- Participate and disseminate pertinent information at Center and/or Department meetings.
- Assist with software revisions/updates and test thoroughly before implementing in the Production Database by partnering with appropriate staff. Provide training related to revisions.
- Understand and stay current with company processes and procedures and operating manuals are current.
- Manage, maintain and analyze Athena clinical inbox (ex: Clinician, Staff, delete bucket, patient info orders, and patient care summaries) as assigned. Report any findings to the Director of Health Information Systems.
- Map patients in the Interface Message Queue Manager on a daily basis as assigned. Investigate and report any findings to the Director of Health Information Systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or its equivalent with two (2) to five (5) years experience in a clinical setting such as a Hospital, Clinic or Doctor’s Office. Or two (2) to (5) years experience in medical billing/collections
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word/Excel/Power Point.
- Previous healthcare, EMR, medical records, and/or medical billing experience preferred.
- Car & area travel required.
- EMR software certification within 1 year of employment.
EPM software certification within 2 years of employment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
*This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.