Position Control #
Position Title: OB Physician
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
- Evaluate patient’s chronic problems thoroughly and manages appropriately, as demonstrated by performance on Physician OB dashboard, Meaningful Use measures, and other applicable reports.
- Evaluates patient’s acute problems thoroughly and manages appropriately (including medications, imaging, and labs).
- Provides health maintenance services at prescribed levels as reflected by Physician O.B. dashboard performance
- Generates Master IM consistently.
- Uses consultants appropriately and cost-effectively as evidenced by referral frequency and appropriateness reflected in referral department and other available reports.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills in day-to-day practice activities (e.g., triage appropriately, patient flow management, etc., etc.).
- Updates Problem Lists appropriately.
- Preventive Health and/or Anticipatory Guidelines complete.
- Adheres to accepted evidence based, Standards of Care, as applicable.
- Encounters are completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Charges are submitted by the end of the day (or end of hospitalization, if applicable).
- Leads daily team huddles.
- Medication Lists are updated and reconciled per policy.
- Physician O.B. Dashboard demonstrates performance within acceptable ranges.
- 15. Physician O.B. Utilization Review demonstrates performance is within acceptable ranges.
Responds professionally to change (i.e., schedule, work assignments).
- Attends continuing education events and shares summary with peers.
- Appropriately uses auxiliary departments (HBN, Care Coordination).
- Is flexible in meeting center needs outside regular working hours, (i.e., health fair, community lectures, etc.).
- Responds appropriately to adversity or stress.
- Renews license, privileging, credentialing and DEA number (if applicable) in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and leads team activities consistent with function of PCMH.
Duties for Obstetrical/Gynecological Physicians Only (Document under “Additional Duties”)
- Reads and interprets obstetrical ultrasounds and biophysical profiles.
- Current and active State of Florida, Department of Health license (MD, DO, DDS, DMD, RDH).
- Current DEA certification.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.