Position Title: Nurse Supervisor
ADA: Full time position. Job duties may require holding/lifting patient to or onto exam table. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the practice of nursing within FCHC is of the highest possible quality. In collaboration with the Center Leadership, the Nursing Supervisor will ensure clinical duties performed by all, Medical Assistants, Lab Technicians and all clinical support staff are in compliance with regularity entities
Role and Responsibilities:
- Nursing supervisor will keep site Center Clinical Administrator informed of all significant nursing issues
including but not limited to any proposed policy or procedural changes, disciplinary action, issues with
- Nursing supervisor will coordinate and review resumes as well as conduct orientation of new clinical
support employees regarding clinical skills and duties.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical support staff are engaged in the organization and feel valued.
- Nursing Supervisor will perform periodic assessments to determine deficiencies in nursing performance
at all sites and new hires, which includes but is not limited to: Log keeping (abnormal Pap Smears,
pregnancy/perinatal, STD, temperature, Clinical Measures data entry, medication logs, immunizations,
- Nurse Supervisor must have knowledge of: (vital signs, therapeutic injections, and immunizations, adult
and pediatric catheterization, sterile field/tray setup, instrument sterilization, Oxygen tank use and
maintenance, emergency kit use and maintenance, EKG, etc.)
- Nursing Supervisors must have knowledge of policies and procedures (universal precautions, consent
forms, needle disposal, identification and proper disposal of expired medications, etc.)
- Nurse Supervisor must conducts routine Clinical support staff meetings and round with staff monthly
- Must lead and participates in 30 day, 90 day and annual evaluations of clinical support staff in
collaboration with Center Clinical Administrator, with input from Center Administrator.
- Determines nurse staffing requirements, including coverage for sick time, vacations and other
- Responsible for maintaining current credentials for clinical support staff on file with the Credentialing
- Provides nursing coverage in emergency shortage situations on site in conjunction with Center Clinical
- Initiates and completes required initial and annual employee health activity in conjunction with the
Center Clinical Administrator. Reviews Center employee health information at least monthly to ensure
that staff are current and addresses any deficiencies.
- Actively participates in Monthly Nurse Supervisor meetings
- Trains and evaluates employees on performance of CLIA waived testing at time of hire, annually and as
indicated. Addresses any deficiencies or issue quickly.
- Function as a professional nurse member of the health team, under the leadership of the Clinician
- Performs monthly Nursing Supervisor Center Audits including, but not limited to, FCHC medications
and vaccines, lab, Center, and Dental Audit. Notifies CC of any issues immediately and expeditiously
- Nurse Supervisor is required be an active participant in leadership improvement trainings and initiative
- Make nursing assessments related to the health status of the patients and triage their record data
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Actively function and perform all other duties of nursing personnel as determined by the needs of the
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate
must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Registered Nurse with at least two (2) years of experience preferred; or
- Licensed Practical Nurse with at least three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Possesses current License in State of Florida.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Show empathy and interest in patients of all socio‐economic conditions.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span. Must be able to identify and categorize each patient’s age‐specific
grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
I have read, discussed and fully understand the above position job description.