FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
As a member of our team, you will join us in embarking on a mission to provide accessible, cost effective, high quality, comprehensive health care to all persons in our communities.
If you are passionate about advocating for the provision of health care services, then this is the organization for you!
- Competitive pay
- Rich Health care benefits
- Generous vacation and sick days
- Robust 401k motion
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Position Summary: The primary goal of a Medical Assistant (RMA, & CMA) to increase the efficiency and the productivity of the physician they are working for. MA/ Scribes duties include performing all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records. The MA (RMA, & CMA) must be able anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of patients in the clinic. MA (RMA, & CMA) must possess good judgment, organizational ability, initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to be self‐motivated are especially important when working as a scribe. MA (RMA, & CMA) must be adaptable and versatile as they will be responsible for many tasks. Good attendance is also an important element of this job.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Screens patients according to FCHC protocols (i.e. obtaining vital signs, height, weight, vision/hearing testing) and any other procedures directed by the supervising provider/Clinical Coordinator, or Clinical Support Leaders.
- Performs accurate charting in medical record in accordance with FCHC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to nurses and providers as needed.
- Maintain exam rooms and work areas (i.e. keeping well‐stocked, orderly and clean, to include disinfecting exam tables between patients as per infection control policy).
- Perform phlebotomy/fingerstick as permitted by training.
- Administers injections according to position requirements (i.e., subcutaneous, intramuscular and intradermal injections).
- Perform procedures, as ordered (i.e., EKGs, nebulizer treatments, pulse oximeter, ear lavages, etc).
- Able to accurately make/cancel/reschedule appointments in the computer appointment system. Able to follow‐up on appointment to determine patient compliance and contact patients to reschedule (no‐ show policy).
- Maintain strict infection control (i.e., sterilizing instruments, performing procedures, needle disposal, etc.).
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond accordingly.
- Have current knowledge of and participate in maintenance of drug assistance programs.
- Understand and assist in the referral process of patients to outside services or providers. Follow‐up on patient referrals, as necessary
- Understand mandatory reporting of child/elder abuse policy and procedure.
- Understand State requirements for reporting of communicable diseases and offering of special labs for pregnant patients.
- Understand and utilize the VFC program where applicable and document accurately including 680 forms and vaccine administration records.
- Counsel patients per treatment plan (i.e., diet, exercise, medication, etc.)
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to identify and categorize each patient’s age‐specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.
- Performs in‐house waived testing, after they are quality controlled, which may include some or all of the following: pregnancy tests, hemocue/Hemoglobin, glucometer, urine dip, hemoccult‐stool, oraquick, or throat swab. Each test will be done according to directions/procedure and results logged in patients’ medical record
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proof of satisfactory completion of an approved medical assistant program or nursing assistant program; or
- One (1) year of experience in a medical related field.
- Registered and Certified Medical Assistants must maintain current RMA/CMA certification.
- Medical Assistants must maintain current RMA/CMA certification.
- Current CPR certification
Apply at www.fchcinc.org