Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Report To: Chief Medical Officer
ADA: Full-time position. Possess the ability to sit and/or stand periodically during the workday. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, including bloodborne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: Provides psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social-environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and situation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Formulates, develops and implements a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan, utilizing appropriate clinical social work/mental health treatments and interventions may include crisis interventions, brief and long-term, material, family and /or group therapies as well as grief and bereavement work. Instruct patients on how to care for their mouths and teeth on their own.
- Screen, identify, diagnose using DSM nomenclature, treat and manage mental health and/or substance abuse problems in patients and family members. Provide training to other health care professionals in same. May perform these functions independently or as a part of a team.
- Assist with screening, identification, diagnosis and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Provides training to other health care professionals in same. Provides consultative services to healthcare team members within scope of care definitions as needed. Maintains a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care, e.g. advanced directives, child and elder abuse.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary healthcare teams and provide leadership in representing clinical social work perspective/liaison with patient and family.
- Provide teaching and training for students and staff from social work and mental health disciplines. Contribute to the academic mission of FCHC by participating in academic activities such as committees, conferences, publications and teachings.
- Maintains knowledge of medical center resources and liaison with community agencies and resources, to provide for patient care needs.
- Documents assessment, plan, interactions and interventions according to FCHC established guidelines and standards.
- Maintains records and statistics in accordance with established FCHC policies and standards. Attends and participates in staff, committee, department and other administrative meetings.
- Participates in FCHC continues quality improvement efforts.
- Keep current with social work, mental health, and health care developments and seeks to increase further enhancement of job related knowledge.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely matter; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Plans for additional resources.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master’s degree required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or eel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
- All employees are required to immediately report any witnessed or suspected adverse incidents, near miss incidents, patient complaints, suspicion of fraud, waste and abuse, code of conduct violations, or any other observed deviation from the normal policies and procedures for FCHC. Report incidents to the manager noted in the individual policies.
- Employees whose work duties require direct patient care contact, shall not be allowed to begin work unless the Employee Vaccinations and Immunity requirements are met and in accordance with FCHC policies.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.