Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluate patient’s chronic problems thoroughly and manages appropriately, as demonstrated by performance on Clinician dashboard, Quality Measures Performance, and other applicable reports (peer reviews, any focused reviews, and patient satisfaction surveys).
- Evaluates patient’s acute problems thoroughly and manages appropriately (including medications, imaging, and labs).
- Utilizes Quality Measures Tab to provide health maintenance services at recommended intervals
- Consistently closes encounters within 24 hours to generate visit summary for patient flow and continuity of care.
- Uses consultants appropriately and cost-effectively as evidenced by referral frequency and appropriateness reflected in referral department and other available reports. Does basic appropriate work up before referral.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making skills in day-to-day practice activities (e.g., triage appropriately, patient flow management, etc., etc.).
- Updates Problems, Medications, and Vaccine lists appropriately.
- Completes ROS, anticipatory guidance, preventive and screening components.
- Adheres to accepted evidence based standards of care, as applicable.
- Encounters are completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Charges are submitted by the end of the day (or end of hospitalization, if applicable).
- Coordinates and leads daily team huddles.
- Medication lists are updated and reconciled per policy.
- Quality Measures Performance Report demonstrates performance within acceptable ranges.
- Clinician Utilization Review Grid demonstrates performance is within acceptable ranges.
- Responds professionally to change (i.e., schedule, work assignments).
- Attends continuing education events and shares summary with peers.
- Appropriately uses auxiliary departments (HBN, Care Coordination).
- Is flexible in meeting center needs outside regular working hours, (i.e., health fair, community lectures, etc.).
- Responds appropriately to adversity or stress.
- Renews license, privileging, credentialing, and DEA number (if applicable) in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and leads team activities consistent with function of PCMH.
Duties for Obstetrical/Gynecological Physicians Only: (DOCUMENTS under “additional Duties”)
- Reads and interprets obstetrical ultrasounds and biophysical profiles.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Current and active State of Florida, Department of Health license (MD, DO, DDS, DMD, RDH).
- Current DEA certification.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.