Position Control #
Position Title: Dentist
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate patient’s chronic problems thoroughly and manages appropriately, as demonstrated by performance on Clinician dashboard, Quality Measures Performance, and other applicable reports(peer reviews, any focused reviews, and patient satisfaction surveys).
- Evaluates patient’s acute problems thoroughly and manages appropriately (including medications, imaging, and labs).
- Utilizes Quality Measures Tab to provide health maintenance services at recommended intervals.
- Consistently closes encounters within 24 hours to generate visit summary for patient flow and continuity of care.
- Uses consultants appropriately and cost‐effectively as evidenced by referral frequency and appropriateness reflected in referral department and other available reports. Does basic appropriate work up before referral.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision‐making skills in day‐to‐day practice activities (e.g., triage appropriately, patient flow management, etc., etc.).
- Updates Problems, Medications, and Vaccine lists appropriately.
- Completes ROS, anticipatory guidance, preventive and screening components.
- Adheres to accepted evidence based standards of care, as applicable.
- Encounters are completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Charges are submitted by the end of the day (or end of hospitalization, if applicable).
- Coordinates and leads daily team huddles.
- Medication lists are updated and reconciled per policy.
- Quality Measures Performance Report demonstrates performance within acceptable ranges.
- Clinician Utilization Review Grid demonstrates performance is within acceptable ranges.
- Responds professionally to change (i.e., schedule, work assignments).
- Attends continuing education events and shares summary with peers.
- Appropriately uses auxiliary departments (HBN, Care Coordination).
- Is flexible in meeting center needs outside regular working hours, (i.e., health fair, community lectures, etc.).
- Responds appropriately to adversity or stress.
- Renews license, privileging, credentialing and DEA number (if applicable) in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and leads team activities consistent with function of PCMH
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Current and active State of Florida, Department of Health license (MD, DO, DDS, DMD, RDH).
- Current DEA certification.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.