Position Control #
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform dental prophylaxis: remove plaque/calculus deposits supra and sub gingival, as well as accretions/stains from teeth using dental hand instruments/ultrasonic scalers.
- Visually examine gingival tissues for indications and signs of disease. Examine gingival tissues using periodontal probes to locate periodontal pockets and areas of Chart corresponding values in Periodontal Charting Form. Confer with Dental Provider all relevant findings and recommend appropriate treatment plan/medications.
- Polish teeth and apply fluoride as well as other cavity-preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Apply sealants and check for adherence/occlusion.
- Visually examine and check all areas of the mouth to detect swelling, infection, and or lesions that indicate presence of oral cancer and other conditions. Palpate lymph nodes under chin and note any abnormal findings.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dental provider.
- Take Alginate impressions for study casts, night/mouth guards.
- Take, expose and develop x-ray films for radiographic interpretation.
- Valid Florida State Dental Hygienist license
- A.S. Degree in Dental Hygiene
- Maintain Current CPR certification.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural population
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.