Position Title: Dental Assistant
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit for long periods of time and/or stand periodically during work day and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lubricate high speed/slow speed hand pieces as indicated.
- Set up trays and prepare necessary instruments and supplies in operatory.
- Seat and prepare patient. Inform the dentist the patient is ready
- Take and develop any necessary radiographs in accordance to Florida Statutes 21G‐9.011.
- Assist the dentist in the procedure.
- Direct patient to Patient Accounting staff at end of visit and make next visit appointment if necessary.
- Give any necessary post op instructions and materials.
- Teach patient about oral hygiene and plaque control.
- Charting restorations and dental disease as dictated by the dentist or as a preliminary charting.
- Clean, disinfect, and sterilize operators and instruments between patients.
- Keep operators and office adequately stocked and have instruments placed in their proper places.
- Take and record patient’s blood pressure and weight.
- Run evacuation system cleaner through suction hoses.
- Clean solids trap in each unit (rooms, pumps), weekly.
- Monitor autoclave effectiveness using Attest biological test, weekly.
- Check inventory for any needed dental supplies and write it in the appropriate order form to be sent to administrative office, as needed.
- Clean and change solutions (ultrasonic) and record in logs.
- Send recall or follow‐up cards according to records, weekly.
- Clean Sterilizer with Chamber Brite, speed clean and keep appropriate log, monthly.
- Clean Autoclave channel/replace door gasket if needed, quarterly
- Change water filter screen, quarterly
- Maintain Scan X‐ Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly.
- Remove sutures.
- Applying sealants.
- Placing or removing matrices.
- Apply topical fluoride, cavity lines, varnishes and/or bases
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Completed Certified Dental Assistant formal training as a Dental Assistant, i.e., successful completion
of accredited expanded duties course or successful completion of a dental assisting program accredited
by the American Dental Association.
- Maintain current Dental Assistant Certification.
- Maintain current CPR certification
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.