Chief Financial Officer
Position Control #
Since 1976, Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. (FCHC) has been a health care leader in Florida. We provide comprehensive primary and specialty health care and patient support services through a network of Centers surrounding Lake Okeechobee and across Florida’s Treasure Coast. Our mission is to ensure that everyone in our communities has access to culturally competent, high-quality health care that they can afford. FCHC has locations in Clewiston, Moore Haven, Okeechobee, Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Indiantown, Pahokee and West Palm Beach. FCHC’s Corporate Office is centrally located in West Palm Beach, Florida. FCHC has multiple staff members who speak Spanish and Creole, and translation is available for other languages as needed. FCHC has created a “one-stop shop” for patients–providing Pediatric and Adult Primary Care, Dental, OB/GYN and Women’s Health, Infectious Disease, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy, chronic disease education and care management, referral assistance, benefit enrollment assistance and coordination, and telehealth services. Our patients benefit from a “medical home” model, where they may access our extensive array of health care clinicians and services in an atmosphere where they are treated with respect, care, and concern.
The Mission of Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. (FCHC) is to provide accessible, cost-effective, high-quality, comprehensive healthcare to all persons in our communities.
Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. (FCHC) will maintain strong leadership in, and advocate for, the provision of health care services.
FCHC will foster and promote collaborative relationships and will develop partnerships with local, state, and federal public health service agencies and the community in general, to enhance the quality of delivery systems for comprehensive health care. FCHC will be an employer of choice and will demonstrate excellence with a highly trained staff and governing board.
FCHC values Integrity, Compassion, Commitment to serving others (external and internal to the organization), Innovation, Effectiveness (cost and outcome), Efficiency, being Mission-driven, Commitment to serving others internal to organization and Commitment to Excellence.
Position Summary This is a highly responsible position that is directly under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer/President. This position directs and is responsible for the financial management of the corporation. This includes the budget, financial statements, and patient accounting. The responsibilities of this position include oversight of the Patient Accounting, General Accounting, and Purchasing Departments. The person holding this position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel and support to CEO regarding financial functions of the organization, including determinations regarding established or potential new contracts.
- Strategic leadership and development of the financial functions of the organization for the purpose of maximizing the organization’s financial performance while ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and industry level regulations. This includes the areas of finance, patient accounting, general accounting, revenue cycle management, billing and coding, payroll and purchasing.
- Strategic leadership of the organization’s revenue supplementing functions such as grant writing and fundraising for the purpose of maximizing the organization’s financial performance while ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and industry level regulations.
- Partnership with the FCHC’s Senior HR Director and COO in strategically positioning the organization to maximize 3rd party payor reimbursement by understanding and eliminating factors contributing to denials.
- Partnership with the FCHC’s Senior HR Director, COO and CEO in strategically executing the Employee Compensation and Employee Benefit, Worker’s Compensation, and Asset Protection Programs.
- Strategic leadership of the organization’s purchasing function to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Leadership resulting in the timely, accurate, and complete development and submission of required budgets and reports as required for maximal operations and by federal, state and local entities.
- Modeling and advancement of Florida Community Health Centers’ mission, vision, and values.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships via effective communication and collaboration with FCHC Leadership, staff, stakeholders, and business contacts.
- Information generated by the finance department is accurate, timely, and actionable.
- Improve net margins and key financial ratios
- Increase Cash Collections
- Decrease write offs to bad debt
- Communicate and partner effectively with CEO, BOD, peers, and staff.
- Ensure information generated by the Business Intelligence function is accurate, timely and actionable.
- Fundraising to supplement revenue
- Strategic Vision
- Strong Leadership Skills and ability to manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills with leadership, staff, and stakeholders
- Excellent Time Management and Problem Solving Abilities
- Cash Management, Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance Competence
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Grants management
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.