Center Administrator / Nurse Supervisor
Job Description: This position is primarily responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the safe and efficient operation of the Health Center and reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. The position is responsible for all aspects of Center operations to include all administrative functions, personnel, accounting, and facilities management. The method, nature, and actual rendering of patient health care is the responsibility of the Center Clinical Administrator and Nurse Manager. The Center Administrator is responsible for fostering and maintaining a management team consisting of the Center Clinical Administrator, Nurse Manager, and Patient Services Supervisor to assist in ensuring day-to-day operations are smooth and efficient and in keeping with the Corporate Mission Statement.
Report To: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
ADA: Full time position. Job duties may include standing, sitting and computer data entry; any of which could be for an extended period of time. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary.
OSHA: No exposure to blood borne pathogens, no protection required.
- Review and authorize Leave Maintain Center leave calendar. Calculate balance and approve employee time cards and time sheets.
- Authorize and process Travel Requests, Expense Reports, Check Requests, and Mileage Reports. Maintain petty cash according to policy, and submit monthly check requests for
- Authorize all Center purchases and stock/non-stock requisitions in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, monitor performance of services, and approve and submit service tickets for payment to the Corporate
- Direct administrative supervision of all Center employees. Consult with the Nurse Manager, Patient Services Supervisor, Center Clinical Administrator and Chief Medical Officer as appropriate for recruiting, orienting and evaluating personnel. Provide input for hiring, termination and promotion recommendations to the Chief Executive Review, approve, and ensure that all evaluations are submitted in a timely manner.
- Preparation of annual encounter and expense budgets. Monitor monthly productivity and financial Review productivity and financial performance compared to budget. Lead Center Management team to make necessary changes to meet Center budget. Review at Center staff meetings.
- Handles personnel Ensures employees abide by FCHC policies and procedures, counsels employees, and monitors performance with appropriate supervisors.
- In collaboration with the Center Clinical Administrator, Nurse Manager, and Patient Services Supervisor, implements plans in reaching goals and objectives of the Center. Maintain communication with Chief Administrative Officer on Center goals and
- Monitor and coordinate with Center Clinical Administrator to maintain optimum patient flow, services delivery and continuity in care among Center departments and between Center and local area health and social services
- Coordinates with Facilities Manager on maintenance and housekeeping
- Exercise leadership in promoting employee satisfaction, commitment and teamwork by clearly articulating FCHC’s goals, constraints and Provide open lines of communication among the health Center team for employee participation in planning and decision making, and by timely conflict management.
- Promote positive consumer and community relations; timely handling of consumer complaints, meets with consumer groups, and speaks to local community groups. Coordinates marketing, publicity, and public relations with the Director, Program
- Chair monthly Center staff meetings; participate in monthly Administrative staff meetings, and Center Administrator
- Report serious problems and complaints promptly to the Chief Administrative Officer and/or President, CEO; provide unusual incident and grievance reports when circumstances
- Ensure that patients and coworkers are treated in a courteous professional manner. Provide ongoing customer service
- Keep current and knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and memos issued, making sure to educate all staff of
- In coordination with the Center Clinical Administrator, the Nurse Manager, and Patient Services Supervisor establish work schedule for Center employees and arrange for coverage during employees’ absences.
- Safeguard daily receipts and ensure deposit in the bank by the next business day.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of daily encounters to ensure accurate revenue generation and prompt cash flow.
- Responsible for designating an employee to receive and sign for Corporate van deliveries.
- Ensure accurate accounting and security of patient fee receipts through daily cashier’s close out, reconciliation, safeguarding of receipts on premises and daily bank deposits; conducts routine checks and proofs billing and collection records using the Chief Administrative Officer and/or Chief Financial Officer for technical assistance.
- Ensure quality control over patient records and data collection. Monitor release of record procedures and maintain HIPPA regulations throughout the
- Meet established deadlines such as, monthly safety inspections, Center financial audits, new employee orientation forms, monthly staff minutes, and Friday purchase requisition submissions.
- Associates Degree or Higher.
- Be professionally trained in any field of Business and/or Health Care Management.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the health field and/or in in management.
- Be computer literate
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.