Care Manager- Infectious Disease
FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS, INC.
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during workday and lift up to 30 lbs., when necessary. Computer data entry a portion of job duty.
Travel: This position requires you to travel to multiple centers
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: seeking to staff Care Managers (i.e. medical assistants, health educators, LPNs, or care coordinators) for multiple locations to support community health care access needs and the Care Management Program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Care Coordination – coordinating medical and dental treatment including chronic care management, including administering assessments and assisting patients in the management of their health and social needs.
- Scheduling appointments and conducting face‐to‐face office and telemedicine visits, and Developing care plans, (assessment of patient medical and/or social service needs; establishment of service plans); and monitoring medication compliance, maintenance of referral, tracking, and follow‐up systems.
- Teamwork building – works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high‐risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources, Initiate relationship building with patients, serving as advocates for and champions of the patients health, and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high‐risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources.
- Closing the loop ‐ clinical care gaps (performance indicators) to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes. Supports patient‐centered medical home (PCMH) and activities aimed to health outcomes for population health management, works data and information files and well as access the medical record to support the continuity of care.
- Initiates action planning for to reduce patient ER admissions and re‐admits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates Degree with 3 years of public health/community health experience; or
- High school diploma or its equivalence with 5 years of public health/community health experience.
- Previous experience with Electronic Medical Record is desirable.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License, and have reliable/accessible transportation.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- HIV/Infectious Disease Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to assist in the application of various referral/assistance programs, entering very sensitive information into a variety of computer systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Expected to handle a high volume of work with strict deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize work, and be flexible to changes at any moment.
- Must be able to work with patients of all socio-economic conditions.
- Must abide by the policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations of Florida Community Health Centers, Inc., The Department of Children and Families, Florida Healthy Kids Corporation (KidCare) and any other social program for which an application is made.
- Must be prepared to report suspected child or elderly abuse as well as suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities.
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
- Must be organized, have problem-solving skills and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be computer literate and have experience within Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Athena software experience preferred.
- Be culturally sensitive.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
* This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.