Care Manager – Infectious Dise
Position Control #
Position Summary: Provide and educate all aspects of a Care Management in Infectious Disease. Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources; and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes. Will also be responsible for answering incoming calls promptly and efficiently to schedule appointments using computerized appointment system.
Role and Responsibilities
- Chronic Care Management of Infectious Diseases (i.e. HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, etc.)
- Administering assessments and assisting patients in the management of their health and social needs.
- Scheduling appointments and conducting face-to-face office and Telemedicine visits, and
- Developing Care Plans, (assessment of patient medical and/or social service needs; establishment of service plans); and monitoring medication compliance, maintenance of referral, tracking, and follow-up systems.
- Initiate relationship building with patients, serving as advocates for and champions of the patients health.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high-risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources.
- Helping Infectious Diseases director with administrative tasks as necessary.
- Supports patient-centered medical home (PCMH) and activities aimed to health outcomes for population health management.
- Works data and information files and well as access the medical record to support the continuity of care.
- Initiates action planning for to reduce patient ER admissions and re-admits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Experience or the ability to work with patients of all socio-economic, LGTBQ community members AND to have knowledge about our community leadership in these different areas.
- Must be able to assist in the application of various referral/assistance programs, entering very sensitive information into a variety of computer systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Expected to handle a high volume of work with strict deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize work, and be flexible to changes at any moment
- Must be able to work with patients of all socio-economic conditions and LGTBQ community.
- Must abide by the policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations of Florida Community Health Centers, Inc., The Department of Children and Families, Florida Healthy Kids Corporation (Kid Care) and any other social program for which an application is made.
- Must be prepared to report suspected child or elderly abuse as well as suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities.
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, have problem-solving skills and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be computer literate and have experience within Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Athena software experience preferred
- Be culturally sensitive
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates Degree with 5 years of public health/community health experience; or
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record) is
- Valid Florida Driver’s License, and have reliable/accessible
- Bilingual Spanish/English necessary.
- HIV/Infectious Disease Experience
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.