Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. is seeking to staff Care Managers (i.e. medical assistants, health educators, LPNs, or care coordinators) for their Stuart, Fort Pierce, Clewiston, and West Palm Beach locations to support community health care access needs and the Care Management Program. Please apply if you are passionate about our mission to provide accessible, cost-effective, high quality, comprehensive health care to all persons in our communities. We are seeking candidates with experience in the following areas:
Role and Responsibilities
Care Coordination – coordinating medical and dental treatment including chronic care management, including administering assessments and assisting patients in the management of their health and social needs.
- Scheduling appointments and conducting face-to-face office and telemedicine visits, and
- Developing care plans, (assessment of patient medical and/or social service needs; establishment of service plans); and monitoring medication compliance, maintenance of referral, tracking, and follow-up systems.
Teamwork building – works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high-risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources
· Initiate relationship building with patients, serving as advocates for and champions of the patients health, and
· Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care for high-risk and special populations, through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources.
Closing the loop – clinical care gaps (performance indicators) to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes.
· Supports patient-centered medical home (PCMH) and activities aimed to health outcomes for population health management
- Works data and information files and well as access the medical record to support the continuity of care, and
- Initiates action planning for to reduce patient ER admissions and re-admits.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Associates Degree with 2 years of public health/community health experience; or
· High school diploma or its equivalence with 2 to 5 years of public health/community health experience.
· Previous experience with Electronic Medical Record is desirable.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Valid Florida Driver’s License, and have reliable/accessible transportation.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to maintain confidential information.
· Must be able to assist in the application of various referral/assistance programs, entering very sensitive information into a variety of computer systems in a fast paced environment.
· Expected to handle a high volume of work with strict deadlines.
· Must be able to prioritize work, and be flexible to changes at any moment.
· Must be able to work with patients of all socio-economic conditions.
· Must abide by the policies, procedures, laws, rules and regulations of Florida Community Health Centers, Inc, The Department of Children and Families, Florida Healthy Kids Corporation (Kid Care) and any other social program for which an application is made.
· Must be prepared to report suspected child or elderly abuse as well as suspected fraud to the appropriate authorities.
· Must have knowledge of community resources.
· Must be organized, have problem-solving skills and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
· Must be computer literate and have experience within Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
· Athena software experience preferred.
· Be culturally sensitive.
· This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
· This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.