The buyer position provides an essential role in supporting the Purchasing of Medical Supplies, Materials
and Services to ensure our operational site needs are met. It is critical that we account for price, quality and
delivery to maintain our Integrity, mission and compliance with all federal guidelines.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Learn and maintain proficiency in department policies and procedures consistent with current federal
• Learn and maintain proficiency in department software, i.e. Great Plains, ReqLoqic, etc.
• Maintain Annual Standing Orders to ensure no delay in services.
• Coordinating repairs and services for Building operations and Medical Equipment.
• Work with vendors to obtain and document bids and quotes, and research products, repairs, and
services as needed to ensure the best possible price, terms, timeliness and quality of all goods and
• Timely and accurate processing of Center requisitions, and requisition follow up to ensure requests are
• Ensure Accurate General Ledger expense account and coding of all department transactions.
• Timely Reconciliation and documentation between Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders and Vendors
• Maintain copier and printer fleet supplies, tracking and maintenance.
• Maintain MSDS/SDS master copier for all chemicals purchased, used and stored in FCHC Facilities.
• Monitor and reconcile all Purchases with AMEX Card.
• Maintain complete and accurate department records per audit requirements.
• Handle all recalls pertaining to drugs, vaccines and products.
• Assist Administrator and Lead Buyer with various Purchasing Department Duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. A.A. DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT
2. ONE TO THREE YEARS OF PURCHASING EXPERIENCE.
3. EXPERIENCE WITH ERP SYSTEMS, SUCH AS GREAT PLAINS AND REQLOGIC
FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. MUST BE COMPUTER LITERATE AND HAVE THE APTITUDE TO LEARN NEW PROGRAMS AS CHANGES OCCUR.
2. PROFICIENT IN EXCEL, OUTLOOK, AND WORD
3. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL.
4. MUST BE CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED AND ABLE TO WORK WELL IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ALL-INCLUSIVE, AND EMPLOYEE WILL ALSO PERFORM OTHER
REASONABLE RELATED BUSINESS DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR.
* This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.