Business Intelligence Director
ADA: Full time position. Ability to sit and/or stand periodically during work day. Lift up to 30 lbs, when necessary. Computer data entry is the majority of job duty. Required to do bending, and stretching over head.
OSHA: Must adhere to universal precautions, to include blood borne pathogen protection, at all times.
Position Summary: The Director, Business Intelligence directs and oversees all strategic and tactical decisions for business intelligence tools and applications. This position facilitates organizational data strategies and is responsible for leading the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Additionally, the Director, Business Intelligence ensures that the use of these applications enhances business decision making capabilities and supports targeted outcomes as defined by partner managed care plans. The Director, Business Intelligence must be capable of resolving escalated issues arising from clinical and administrative operations, and fostering positive relationships with leadership across the entire organization. This position will require establishing processes and implementing best practices to create “best in class” analytics, intelligence and reporting capabilities at Florida Community Health Centers, Inc. The HIS department reports to this Director‐level position. Candidates will need to have at least a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of managerial experience. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer
Role and Responsibility:
- Establish an internal BI center of excellence (BI COE).
- Consolidate data analytics and reporting throughout the company and establish best practices for
analytical processes and report generation.
- Conduct key data needs analysis of all internal departments, and develop, communicate and
execute the appropriate strategy and plan to meet the needs of all key stakeholders.
- Develop, produce and distribute standardized and ad hoc reporting in an accurate and timely
- Manage vendor relationships associated with core technologies used for data analytics, reporting,
data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and all related systems.
- Serve on the organization’s CQM Committee. Analyze payer contracts and recommend
modifications while ensuring organizational reporting aligns with associated incentives.
- Verify the accuracy of patient data routinely shared with payer organizations and with assistance
from HIS staff, develop and maintain reconciliations of members auto assigned to the organization
under capitated plans.
- Transform and manage the HIS department, ensuring the proper mix of skills, including core
business reporting, business alignment, data analysis and integrity, data science, and project
- Directly supervises the internal Athena system administrator and reviews and approves all
communication that directly relates to the Athena‐user experience, ensuring communication is
consistent with and reinforces the overall BI plan.
- Establish management dashboards to provide actionable and timely business insights for each
area of the organization.
- Maintain data integrity and transparency to increase data confidence across the organization.
- Responds to abstract business issues and needs with comprehensive solutions that may impact
business & business process.
- In collaboration with the Billing and Coding Administrator, capture clinician HEDIS and Quality
reporting; develop specific written strategies for the Certified Coder – Provider Education
Specialist to address gaps through training. Again, in collaboration with the Billing and Coding
Administrator, establish baseline measurements and design tracking mechanism. Present findings
to the CMO and CQM committee.
- Consistently demonstrate appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients,
customers, and coworkers. Cooperate with management and peers to promote an environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
- Lead and facilitate decision‐support related initiatives, typically involving cross‐departmental teams.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education): To effectively fulfill this position, candidate
must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare field, healthcare administration or management or business
administration. MBA preferred.
- 3+ Experience with one or more EMR systems (Athena preferred).
- 2+ years project leadership or project management.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) preferred
- Desire to create high impact clinical business intelligence solutions.
- Exposure to decision support tools such as Excel, Qlikview, Business Objects, etc
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Uses advanced functions of Excel to manipulate
and/or present data in a precise way.
- Strong written and verbal skills in all phases of analytical and measurement initiatives.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.