Behavioral Health Coordination Supervisor
Position Control #
Position Summary: The Behavioral Health Coordination Supervisor is responsible for the program’s operations including staff development, workflow enhancements, reporting monthly statistics and participating in program growth and development. The Behavioral Health Coordinator Team Lead will also provide support to the Behavioral Health Coordinators at all FCHC centers. The Behavioral Health Coordinator Team Lead will also ensure the implementation of the Behavioral Health Program to plan, develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate the activities and service delivery of the Behavioral Health Program.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily workflow of the Behavioral Health Program
- Supports Behavioral Health Coordinator to ensure he/she has a working knowledge of and can explain all aspects of the Medical Records Policies, Procedures, HIPAA and the use of FCHC EMR system.
- Ensures new and established BH patients are entered in FCHC EMR system correctly
- Ensure scheduling for new and established BH patients in the IHC scheduling template is accurate
- Ensure appointments with patient 1 day prior to appointment time and 1 hour before appointment time are being scheduled properly
- Ensure all missed/cancelled appointments are rescheduled accordingly.
- Assist BH Coordinators with their work buckets for appointment requests, medication refills, school forms and other requests.
- Train team members and serve as the team lead for all FCHC Behavioral Health Centers.
- Identifies, defines and provides input on Behavioral Health issues, needs and problems within FCHC centers and proposes solutions to COO or FCHC Executive Team.
- Monitors and evaluates the performances of the Behavioral Health Coordinator to ensure Behavioral Health services are meeting requirements and are providing quality service.
- Ensure Behavioral Health Coordinator is serving as a point of contact for all patients and families.
- Ensure Behavioral Health Coordinators advocate for those experiencing difficulties with behavioral health and facilitate solutions to resolve them.
- Maintain proper and accurate documentation of all activities.
- Organize and prioritize workloads, utilizing effective multi-tasking techniques.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Experience or the ability to work with patients with Behavioral Health effects AND to have knowledge about our community and Behavioral Health needs
- Experience in working in Mental Health Institutions and/or working with Mental Health population providing support services.
- Ability to treat patients with dignity and empathy.
- Strong Customer Relations Skills
- Previous experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record) is desirable.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Behavioral Health Technician Certification (preferred but not required)
- Minimum of Two (2) years in related field (preferred but not required) and/or Medical Office experience preferred.
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver’s License, and have reliable/accessible transportation.
- Bilingual Spanish/English necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
_ * This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment._